Become a Member
Anyone who studies or works at Uppsala University or SLU in Uppsala is eligible to become a member of Update.* Send us a mail to email@example.com and we'll help you out!
The current membership fee (year 2021) is set** at two levels:
- Minimum fee of 240 SEK per year.
- Full fee of 1000 SEK per year.
Vi encourage all members who can to pay the full membership fee, but don't want to exclude members with limited economical means. The minimum fee entitles to full membership.
Membership is per calendar year, and you normally pay once a year. However, if you are just joining Update, you may pay for just the remainder of the current year (for example, if you join Update in the month of August, you may pay 80 SEK for September through December, and later you may pay 240 SEK for the following year if you want to stay as a member).
This is how you apply:
1. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, postal address, current e-mail and choice of username. Please be prepared to prove that you are an eligible university student or employee, for example by mailing us from your university mail address. You are also welcome to meet us in person in our terminal room to apply.
2. Pay the
membership fee to Plusgiro 98 01 45-7.
(Or through a means agreed on with someone in Update's board.)
3. Finally, visit us in our terminal room to set your password and get access to your Update computer account.
* Others can become members after applying, but this is highly unusual, and granting of such memberships is only normally done twice per year, by a club meeting. If you want to submit such an application, it should be sent to us on paper to our snail mail address, not by email. For more information, contact email@example.com.
** The fee is determined annually by the autumn meeting for the following year.